Private and Confidential
This private and confidential service is based in Preston, Lancashire.
If something is troubling you it may be worth spending some time thinking about why this is happening. Talk therapies such as Counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy "CBT", Psychotherapy and Psychosexual Therapy (or Sex Therapy) may be of beneficial to many situations. Counselling is more than just talking. It's about giving you the tools to explore your potential and live a healthier & fulfilling life.
During your initial consultation or assessment, we will explore together and identify what is concerning you and subsequently agree a plan of action to help you to achieve your goals.
I offer private Counselling and Psychosexual Therapy including individual counselling, identifying/ resolving sexual problems, couple and relationship counselling. These may include:
- Difficulties in forming or maintaining a relationship
- Managing different needs and expectations within a relationship
- Anger management or unable to control your emotions such as coping with depression, pre and post surgical procedures
- Building or addressing issues around confidence & self esteem
- Dealing with stress and anxiety
- Feeling lost or isolated
- Bereavement/Loss - finding it difficult to cope with everyday life
- Destructive behaviour - sexual addictions, substance misuse, pornography, risky sexual behaviour and other similar out of control behaviours
- Sexual difficulties - loss of desire, lack of control in ejaculation, painful sex, erectile difficulty, anorgasmic, sexual aversion, sexual addiction and so on.
Counselling offers you the chance to be listened to in a non-judgemental and safe environment. You will feel at ease in the comfort of a dedicated room in Penwortham, Preston.
There are many different types of talk therapy available. The most common ones are:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy "CBT" (used in Sex Therapy and other intervention based therapy)
- Other therapies such as group therapy and relationship therapy
I use an integrated approach that is based on my personal experience as a person-centred counsellor and psychosexual therapist.
The Counselling Directory provides a list of qualified counsellors and therapists who have trained to a minimum of Diploma level and received regular supervision. You can find out more about my training, qualifications and experience by visiting the Counselling Directory.
If getting out and about is difficult for you, telephone counselling with video-linked counselling on SKYPE is also available at pre-arranged time.
Telephone counselling can be as effective as face to face counselling without the need to travel. This is particularly useful for individuals who live away, like the convenience of a call or not yet ready to see the therapist on a one-to-one basis yet.
Thank you for visiting the website. This is a genuine offer to provide counselling and sex therapy in Preston, Lancashire. Please feel free to contact me for further information or appointments.